Arafura Games Steering Committee
The Arafura Games Steering Committee is charged with determining the philosophy and guiding principles that will facilitate the return of the Arafura Games.
The Arafura Games Steering Committee consulted Territorians in February and March 2017 to gather feedback from stakeholders and the community. Consultation was undertaken in a number of formats including consultation hearings, written submissions and an online survey.
The Arafura Games Steering Committee is chaired by Mrs Kate Worden MLA, the Assistant Minister for Bringing back the Arafura Games and Multicultural Affairs.
The Steering Committee is governed by a Terms of Reference.
- Assistant Minister for Bringing Back the Arafura Games
- Lord Mayor, City of Darwin
- Chief Executive Officer, Northern Territory Chamber of Commerce
- A community representative
- Executive Director Office of Asian Engagement, Trade and Investment – Department of Trade, Business and Innovation
- Executive Director Sport and Recreation – Department of Tourism and Culture
- Executive Director Arts and Museums – Department of Tourism and Culture
- Executive Director Tourism NT – Department of Tourism and Culture
- General Manager, NT Major Events Company
Arafura Games Advisory Committee
The Arafura Games Steering Committee have established an Advisory Committee to support the planning and delivery of the Games. The Advisory Committee is governed by a Terms of Reference.
|Andrew Hopper - Chair||Acting Deputy CEO||Dept of Tourism & Culture, NT Government|
|Kate Worden||MLA||Assistant Minister for the Arafura Games, NT Government|
|Tim Watsford||General Manager||NT Major Events Company, NT Government - lead agency|
|Trevor Cox||General Manager, Tourism Top End||Tourism|
|Louise Partos||Executive Officer||Arts and Culture|
|Stacey Farraway||Director, International Office, Charles Darwin University||Education|
|Judith O'Hearn||NT Department of Education||Sport|
|Sean Mahoney||CE, International College of Advanced Education||International Relations|
|Jeanette Button||PR Button||Media/Marketing & Public Relations|
|Matt Grassmayr||City of Darwin||Local Government|
|Sean Mahoney||Chamber of Commerce||Business|
|Mick Hannon||Bus Link||Transport|
|Sam Burke||General Manager||Darwin Waterfront Corporation|